Yum Japanese Recipes Worldwide: Anmitsu (Japanese style sundae) and Mitsumame Dessert #JapaneseRecipesWorldwide

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Anmitsu (Japanese style sundae) and Mitsumame Dessert #JapaneseRecipesWorldwide




Anmitsu (Japanese style sundae) and Mitsumame Dessert #JapaneseRecipesWorldwide


Tea houses and coffee shops all over Japan serve this traditional sweet snack. A similar dessert is served at Chinese restaurants. Small cubes of translucent kanten are served with sugar syrup and a few pieces of canned fruit. Deluxe versions also add a scoop of anko (bean paste) and for super deluxe, vanilla ice cream cover with some matcha syrup. The visual effect is colorful and festive, and the taste is refreshing and not as heavy as a western sundae.


Ingredients:

1 stick kanten
2 ¼ cups water
2 tbsp sugar

Syrup:
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 small can of fruit cocktail
Anko (sweet bean paste)

Green tea or vanilla ice cream

1 cup bean paste

Procedures:

(1) Tear the kanten into pieces and soak in water for several hours. Wash the softened kanten in running water and place in 2 ¼ cups water in a heavy saucepan. Bring the heat up slowly, but do not stir the kanten until it is fully dissolved. Continue simmering, stiring frequently while removing foam from the surface, until the mixture is reduced by 10%. Add the sugar and stir. Remove from the heat, strain and pour into an 8-inch square baking pan. Cool in the pan & then refrigerate, covered, overnight.

(2) Make the syrup. Dissolve the sugar in the water in a medium saucepan over high heat until it is dissolved. Remove from the heat, let it cool and chill.

(3) Cut the cooled kanten into ½ inch cubes. Divide among 6 serving dishes. Drain the fruit salad, reserving some of the syrup and add some of it to the sugar syrup, if desired. Top the kanten cubes with the fruit and sugar syrup. Add one small scoop each of the anko and ice cream and small balls of mochi (rice cakes), if desired.

94) Serves 6



Source: savoryjapan.com

21 comments:

  1. Goⲟd info. Lucҝy me I гecently found your blog by chance (stumbleuρon).
    I've bookmarked it for later!
    site here : How To Learn To Password Protect Folder Jսst
    15 Minutes A Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an amazing post in support of all the online
    people; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to
    get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance.

    I must say that you've done a awesome job with this.
    Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on Opera.
    Superb Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there mates, its impressive post about educationand fully defined, keep it
    up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no longer sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time studying much more or understanding more.
    Thank you for excellent info I was on the lookout for
    this info for my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into
    any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of completely unique
    content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it
    appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web
    without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help protect against content from being ripped off?
    I'd definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and
    in accession capital to claim that I acquire actually enjoyed account your weblog posts.

    Any way I'll be subscribing for your augment and even I success you get right of entry to consistently
    rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pay a visit daily a few sites and blogs to read articles or reviews, but this website presents feature based content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thank you so much,
    However I am going through problems with your RSS.
    I don't know the reason why I am unable to subscribe to it.
    Is there anyone else getting similar RSS issues? Anyone that knows the
    answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tremendous issues here. I am very glad to peer your post.

    Thank you a lot and I am having a look ahead to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, after reading this remarkable piece of writing i am as well happy
    to share my experience here with colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good article. I am dealing with many of these issues as well..

    ReplyDelete
  14. For the reason that the admin of this web page is
    working, no hesitation very soon it will be famous, due to its quality contents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really fascinating, You are an excessively skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward to in quest of more of your great post.
    Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic points altogether, you simply gained a logo
    new reader. What may you suggest in regards to your publish that you simply made some days ago?
    Any certain?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it
    has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. excellent issues altogether, you simply gained a new reader.

    What could you suggest in regards to your post that you simply made some days in the past?

    Any sure?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, I've recently been searching for information about this topic
    for a while and yours is the best I have found out till now.

    But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you positive about the
    supply?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Actually when someone doesn't understand then its up to
    other users that they will help, so here it takes place.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This design is steller! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
    almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you
    had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too
    cool!

    ReplyDelete